Hawaii State Nene Reading Program (Gr. 4-5)
Hawaii State Nene Reading Program
(Grades 4 and 5)
To help children of Hawaii:
- Become acquainted with the best contemporary writers of fiction for children
- Become aware of the qualities that make a good book
- Choose the best rather than the mediocre
- To honor an author whose book has been enjoyed by the children of Hawaii.
How to Participate
- Read as many books on the Suggested Reading List.
- If 2 or more books were read from the list, vote for your favorite. Voting date will be announced soon.
- Voting results will be shared to find out which book the 4th, 5th and 6th graders of Hawaii found to be worthy of the esteemed Nene Award.
Download the 2023 Suggested Reading List: https://www.neneaward.org/uploads/4/1/3/2/41321077/nominees2023.pdf
Download the 2023 Suggested Reading List With LINKS to Sora eBooks:
*Visit the Nene website to find which books won the 2022 Nene Award! Thank you to those of you that participated!