Reminders for the Last Week of School
We're approaching our last week of school and we have a lot of fun end of year events planned for our 5th graders!
Here are some reminders of upcoming events:
- Monday, 5/27 - Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, 5/29 - 4th Quarter Recognition Assembly
- Since the students will be participating in their final school-wide recognition assembly, we would love for them to wear their red Mililani Waena school shirt.
- Please bring an extra bag to take home students' school supplies. We will keep a few things behind to sign yearbooks and/or memory books, but all folders, notebooks, and extra supplies should be taken home by this day.
- School ends at 2:05 pm.
- Thursday, 5/30 - Grade 5 Luncheon
- Come to school on time.
- Dress appropriately (dressy-casual attire, footwear, no hats).
- Bring an extra change of clothes, as students will be playing out in the field after luncheon.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are not allowed.
- Disposable cameras are optional.
(Other cameras can be brought in as well. Please label your camera to make sure that it doesn't get mixed up! I understand that some students use their cell phone to take pictures, but we will not allow phones at luncheon.)
- Be on your best behavior to represent Mililani Waena Elementary School!
- Have fun!
- Friday, 5/31 @ 8:30 am - Aloha Assembly, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Come to school on time. (We will be leaving our classroom a little before 8:15!)
- Dress appropriately (dress-casual attire, footwear, no hats).
- Families are welcome to find a seat in the Cafeteria at 8:00 am.
- Please do not bring big signs, noisemakers, balloons, or other large celebration items. I understand that families are excited for their child to be moving on to middle school, but I would like to kindly ask that we keep this as a casual celebration. I explained to our class that some families may not be able to attend this event and we want to make sure that this is a positive experience for all of our 5th graders. Families are welcome to bring small items and/or leis for students. To ensure that all families can see and celebrate their child(ren), balloons will not be allowed in the Cafeteria.
- Students will be released to their classroom teachers after the assembly for a class photo in the Cafeteria courtyard. Sign out for early release will be in B1D after class photos. Please do not try to sign out students early! Going back to the classroom will help students to enjoy one last memory together as well as make sure that all students are accounted for after our picture taking. I truly appreciate your understanding.
- School ends at 1:00 pm.
Thank you so much for your support throughout these last several days of school. We want all students to enjoy their time at Mililani Waena and please feel free to email me with any questions.