Open House! :)
This past Tuesday was out Open house for grades 3-5. During that time there was sharing about the school and upcoming events.
Some of the field trips that the 5th grade has to look forward to are...
• Camp Erdman (November), which will promote community.
• Mililani Middle school Orientation, which allows students the opportunity to tour the middle school.
• Academy of Arts (February)
• Fifth Grade Luncheon (May)
We also covered grade level expectations throughout this school year. Our theme this school year is "Wayfinding to Self-Directed Learning". As the school year continues, we will be helping students understand the importance of being a self-directed learner.
• Student Planners are to go home with the student at the end of everyday. The student planner is one of the primary ways that we communicate with parents. It is the child's responsibility to bring their planner to their parent to be signed.
• Reading Plus, KidBiz, and IXL are computer programs that we utilize in class. Students need to reach weekly and monthly goals for Kidbiz and Reading Plus. Students may log onto these programs at home. All usernames and passwords are located in their planner.
• Digital Portfolios will be used throughout the year to document student's learning and work.
If there are any questions regarding any of these things, please feel free to email me. :)